- The key to more comfort, less injuries, and higher power output comes from our ergonomically designed, scientifically tested Body Geometry features?Longitudinal Arch, Varus Wedge, and personalized insoles with a Metatarsal Button. When used in harmony, these three features align the hip, foot, and knee, while also limiting medial/lateral knee movement and maintaining good circulation down to your toes.
- Patent-pending closure design secures the foot for extreme, out-of-saddle efforts, locking the metatarsals and preventing lateral roll.
- Dyneema? is sandwiched between layers of synthetic and TPU to create no-stretch zones for the ultimate connection and comfort.
- Our stiffest and lightest FACT Powerline? carbon plate maximizes power transfer: Stiffness Index 15.
- Independent BOA? Li2 Fit System for on-the-fly micro-adjustment, backed by the Boa? Guarantee.
Specialized S-Works Ares Road Shoes
When the moment comes for an attack in the hills, a long solo move, or a full gas sprint for the line, every watt counts, which is why we designed the S-Works Ares to be the most efficient and powerful performance shoe ever made. We combined decades of Body Geometry development with obsessive innovation working with the world?s best athletes to completely reimagine the race shoe. An entirely new, patent-pending closure system, Dyneema?-reinforced toungless sock, and ultra-stiff FACT Powerline? carbon outsole eliminate foot roll, reduce pressure on tendons, and transfer every ounce of power to the pedals for unprecedented performance and comfort. It?s 1% faster than any shoe we?ve ever made, and at the finish line, that?s all that matters.